Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What's Been Going on Lately... :)

So as usual I'm totally slacking on this blog! School is tough, man! Haha well here's some random tidbits I thought I'd share with you all.

ALICE IN WONDERLAND TREND.
I opened my email today only to find an email from Closet Couture about the top 5 must haves for 2010. First on the list was none other than Alice in Wonderland inspired wardrobe! Am I right on trend or what?! Lol, you can read the rest of the article here :) I'm not so sure how a I feel about the military trends...I can't help of the disastrous army pants I experienced in my younger years, hopefully it shall be updated into something CHIC and similar to those fab band jackets! As for silk shirts and cardigans I was a little confused, what kind of silk shirts exactly? hmmm....but I love leopard (yes i'm such an old lady) and spots and lightweight leather sounds adorable...I can't wait till it starts to get warm.

RETAIL THERAPY.
It's been a tough week so far, why are teacher suddenly piling the work on?! So today I proposed to my Mom that my sister, she, and I should go shopping at our favorite consignment store, The Closet Exchange. We love the lady there, and she was having a big sale plus she emailed us $10 gift cards! The first thing that caught my eye was a peachy orange tweed jacket, with some green plaid-ish in it (i'll take pics later i know i suck at explaining) from Zara (a store similar to H&M for those who don't know), for a measly $8. It remind me of something from Anthropologie. My big find was a black, genuine leather, almost to the knee boots with a bunch of zipper detail, brand new "Steven" brand for only $17. Like usual, I found something that was basically made to go with another find. An AMAZING black long, genuine leather jacket also with a plethora of zippers (like the boots) originally from Express, BRAND NEW, and absolutely beautiful. The even more amazing thing is that it's original price was $500 and I scored it for an unbelievable....hold your breath...$30. It was fantastical. But that's not all haha! I found yet another brand new pair of boots, which are real suede in beige, lace up, with threads. Basically very bohemian which is great because I need to get on that trend! ha. My final score was a wonderful, black band jacket from American Eagle....I know American Eagle, kinda lame but this jacket is right on trend and just what I was looking for. Plus it's soooo SOFT :) and only like $10. So those were my finds for the day, very fulfilling, and great therapy. I pinky swear pictures later!!!

ZOE MYERS.
Maybe you have heard of her maybe you haven't, but she is notoriously known for dating Kevin Jonas at the start of his career. But she's A LOT cooler than those lame-os. Anyway, I'm a huge fan and she is having a twitter contest to win a Zoe Snuggie! which i realllyyyyy want :) But I need your help!! Follow her on twitter here and tell her xosteffantor sent you ( & while you're at it follow me on twitter here ;) ), add her on facebook here or myspace here and tell her Steffie Price sent you. If you're interested in who she is, listen to her songs on MySpace (my personal fav is love me or hate me), check out her website here & join her street team here.

That's all I've got to say for now! I promise for a new post with pictures soon, haha so stay tuned and tell your friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment